First, thanks for stopping by and asking.
We need your support mostly by just talking with your neighbors. to let them know about the proposed LA Fitness project. This project will choke our neighborhoods – Seal Beach, Los Alamitos, and Rossmoor – with more traffic and congestion and the project will create safety issue for our residents (more cars, sidewalk removal, etc.). It’s a bad fit for the Shops at Rossmoor, especially in the proposed location behind Sprouts.
All in the name of another gym/fitness center and increased profits for the Shops at Rossmoor.
In addition to talking with your neighbors and letting them know about the proposed project, you can help by:
- Signing our petition at Change.org
- Stopping by our next Coalition Against LA Fitness in Seal Beach meeting (see the side bar for locations and times)
- Contributing to our Go Fund Me account. 100% of the funds contributed to this account go toward our legal challenges of the project.
- Attend City meetings discussing the LA Fitness in the Shops At Rossmoor project. Your presence is critical, even if you choose not to speak publicly. Large numbers influence elected officials.
- Join our Facebook Group so you can get up-to-the-minute updates and contribute your thoughts on the discussion topics. We need your ideas and input.
- Talk with your neighbors. Seriously, as we have gone door-to-door in Seal Beach and Rossmoor, we consistently hear two things. Either “Oh I thought that project was defeated already?!” or “I didn’t know they were planning anything.” Please at least let your neighbors know about the proposed project and get them to sign this petition opposing the proposed LA Fitness project in Seal Beach in the Shops at Rossmoor.
- Contact people and organizations in writing (on paper or electronic). The Seal Beach City officials, LA Fitness corporation, and the owners of other Shops at Rossmoor owners are all “stakeholders” in the LA Fitness in the Shops at Rossmoor project. Here’s a list of contact information and sample letters you can use to express your opposition to the LA Fitness project in the Shops at Rossmoor. Public pressure is measured by the pound, let’s load up the inboxes, websites, and US Mail boxes letting these people know this project is a bad fit for the Shops at Rossmoor.