Thank you to all the people that came out last night (7/17) in support of the fight against the LA Fitness project in at the Shops @ Rossmoor in Seal Beach. The Planning Commission voted to adopt the resolution to deny the CUP. No one changed their vote and it went in our favor. We […]
Just so there is no confusion.
There may be only 3 critical meetings left in this process and Monday night is the first.
We need to continue representing this issue with our communities to make sure our message continues to be heard: NO LA Fitness!
- Printing out this petition sheet and going into Seal Beach to get Seal Beach residents to sign it petition. If they have already signed one, please DO NOT have them sign again.
- Tell everyone to leave their yard signs up, as we have not won the fight yet.
- Ask Seal Beach residents if they would like a yard sign. If they do, we can provide them with one.
- When the time comes to attend the BIG City Council meeting (possibly sometime in August), we need to be out there with huge force, hopefully even crowding into the street.
- If you live in Seal Beach, please write to your specific council person and let them know you are opposed to the project and encourage them to vote in opposition, as well.
- The Environmental Impact Report was approved/certified with a 3-2 vote (Machen, Thomas, Klinger in favor; Aguilar and Campbell opposed)
- The Conditional Use Permit was denied with a 3-2 vote (Thomas, Klinger in favor; Machen, Aguilar and Campbell opposed)