Attention Everyone, There is an EQCB Meeting on Wednesday (3/22) night at 6:00 pm at City Hall in Seal Beach. Address – 211 Eighth St. Seal Beach CA. 90740 This is our first chance to voice our concerns about the LA Fitness Project. We won’t know until the meeting happens, but we don’t want to miss any […]
The Draft EIR is available for public review and comment between March 9, 2017 through April 24, 2017.
LA FITNESS HEALTH CLUB
An application has been submitted for a 37,000 sq. ft. single-story health club within the Shops at Rossmoor retail center. The proposed project would be built on an existing parking lot, and the surrounding parking lot would be reconfigured to accommodate the parking demands of the proposed use and the center. The health club would provide membership-based fitness services, including access to exercise equipment, group fitness classes, and personal fitness training (see Exhibit 3 of the NOP, Floor Plan).
The health club is proposed to operate seven days a week. Hours of operation would be 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on and Sunday.
A Draft Environmental Impact Report has been completed for the proposed project. The Draft EIR is available for public review and comment between March 9, 2017 through April 24, 2017.
You can review the parts here on the City of Seal Beach site.
Please share you thoughts, comments and observations below.
A Car “Park-In”
Saturday, March 18, 2017
Noon to 3pm
Parking Lot Behind Sprouts
- Bring your cars and park in the lot behind Sprouts
- Plan to mark the outline with your car to demonstrate the enormous size of this project
- This event will bring attention to our fight against LA Fitness
- The media will be there (newspapers and hopefully news station) so we need to make sure we have hundreds of cars
- If you have more than one car, please bring it
- While parked there, go have lunch at one of the restaurants, buy some groceries, run some errands and talk to people in the shopping center about our fight
- Save the date and join us – Get your Flyer here
Join the Coalition Against LA Fitness Facebook Group – http://bit.ly/calaffb
Please donate and share this Go Fund Me effort – http://bit.ly/calafsb
Look for updates on upcoming Coalition meetings and events at: http://coalitionagainstlafitness.org
If you have any questions, please direct them to the Coalition via their Facebook page or email them directly: [email protected]